How To Compose A Good Research Paper Introduction: Vital Tips
Often the introduction to a research paper can make or break your project. It is true that the content is the vital portion of a paper that is taken into account holds the majority chance of influencing your grade, but the way you present your paper also play a pivotal role in making your project stand out.
The introduction or the portion that give a brief overview of the topic you are pursuing thus is an important part of the project to make it presentable as a whole. If your introduction does not appeal the reader it might even happen that the reader does not feel like reading the rest of the paper so a good introduction is really important. The following tips are tried and tested for ages and are sure shot techniques for writing a better introduction to you paper.
Effective modes of creating a noteworthy introduction to research paper
- Keep it brief but informative: A lengthy introduction can become boring and the reader eventually will lose interest. An introduction that is brief, to-the-point and still informative is ideally the best one. It evokes the interest of the reader and also leaves out enough for egging the reader into reading the rest of the paper.
- Provide a background in the introduction: Whatever be your topic, begin your introduction with a brief history of the topic if applicable for a more enriched reading experience. Suppose you are working on a paper on Evolution of Metal bands, begin your introduction with a brief history of the musical culture as a whole. This way the reader would be more interested in reading on further through your paper.
- Your introduction should define the problem you are working on: Ideally, your introduction should make the purpose of your research clear. The introduction should be logical and precise about what you are trying to achieve through your research.
- Be honest about the outcomes: The introduction that honestly clears out any negative possible outcomes of the research in the beginning it is likely to earn more preference as a whole than the one which skates over the weaker aspects.
- Importance of the research: The introduction should mention the importance of the research you are conducting as well. The work done without purpose will be a waste of time so make sure that you make the importance and practicality of your work clear.